Friday 15 January 2010

Friday 15th January 2010

Lauren brought in a diarama that she had made for a previous project and we all loved it and thought it'd be a great idea for perhaps a CD or vinyl. As it extends outward we could possibly incorporate a story or a variety of images and styles and perhaps not be so restricted.

Yesterday we talked about CD covers, materials, etc and today we thought it would be more important to talk about the actual style we want to achieve for The Blue Roses.

We looked at other folk singers, images we liked and thought would be relevant, etc.

I talked about the 2009 film Antichrist. It is set in a forest and has some truly beautiful imagery that is mysterious, dark, melancholy.













I showed the group excerts from the film and they seemed to be impressed with what they saw front a visual perspective.

At first we talked about myself and Jade going out and finding woodland and forests and taking pictures Sarah and I talked about how we didn't want to put all of the focus on a 'forest scene'. Sarah had an idea for having a 'stage' with puppets/strings, etc and I wanted to explore the darker side of the 'white picket fence'.

The opening scene from David Lycch's Blue Velvet was something I was inspired by and I wanted to capture the mood and feel of it in our work:





I think Lauren wants to create a forest scene out of paper and various materials and I think this would work great with Sarah's stage idea and the theme/style that I want to explore. It'll be interesting exploring and combining different media and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment