Friday 22 January 2010

Friday 22nd Jan

I've just come back from Berlin and I met the group to discuss where things were up to. They explained that they had a meeting with Ian and he bashed their idea for 'forest/trees' images which I was a bit confused about as I was sure that a week earlier we had already ditched having trees.

Anyway, Lauren explained that we needed to have a theme and based on what we already know about Laura Groves and the Blue Roses Lauren, Jade and Sarah decided that we should have 'secrets' as our theme which I was happy with.

My initial ideas/thoughts based on Secrecy were: things that we hidden, skin deep, white lies, near surface, childhood things,

Lauren mentioned the film The Secret Garden. I haven't seen it but I intend to. I thought of the Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe which although isn't primarily about secrets i just liked the idea of having something secret that you find as a child and it opens up this magical place that only you and your friends know about.

Also, I recall the film 'In the Mood for Love' where the film ends in Cambodia and the lead character Chow is seen visiting the Angkor Wat. He whispers several years worth of secrets into a hole in a wall, before plugging the hole with mud - a method he states a secret can be kept, whilst once dining with a friend in Singapore.

\



The film is also full of sublime imagery and is gorgeous to watch and is also quite quirky in places.

I found the trailer for the film:

No comments:

Post a Comment