Wednesday 13 January 2010

Initial Ideas and Research


I met with Jade in the Mac suite wit Jade and we began some research into Laura Groves and her band The Blue Roses. Jade said that she had watched the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me the previous night based on Laura's thoughts and ideas. I too have seen the film and Jade and I discussed how the film was weird, surreal, bizarre, etc. For me certain elements of the film reminded me of David Lynch's earlier film Blue Velvet in that the story was set in this peaceful, idyllic little town where everyone knows everyone and people help their neighbours. But a horrid event takes place that exposes a dark side that lies just beneath this glossy surface. In Blue Velvet we had the white picket fences and in Twin Peaks we have the tall pine trees.











No comments:

Post a Comment