Wednesday 3 February 2010

Wednesday 3rd January

After the photo-shoot yesterday I was positive about the direction we were taking with the album. I loved the idea that we had completely stripped down our original idea (which for me is usually the way it goes!) We had new images with more focused ideas. We had close-up shots of the dusty objects for our 'postcard' or 'collector's card' idea BUT we didn't have a good enough picture of the whole scene that we feature in our center pictures. This was mainly because I had only just convinced the whole team about the 'clean-spot' idea in the dust.

We met up today and caught up with sketchbook work and then put all of our focus and attention on the logo for the band and the fonts we were going to use in the booklet and whatever else we get to create for the band. It was very slow going and Lauren became frustrated. We toyed around with the idea about having decorative/ornamental type and spoke to Jon Spencer about this and got some info on the history, etc.

After speaking to John Young about fonts and him showing us examples of Vaughan Oliver's work with music albums and his unique style of typesetting the lyrics in the booklet we we're confident and more motivated to try out different styles of fonts, combining different fonts, having small decorative symbols on the pages, etc.

John said he would bring in his Vaughan Oliver books in tomorrow to show us good examples that we could possibly use. I am looking forward to just seeing the books for myself. I am considering buying them for myself as I am a fan of his album artwork and in college tutor's had recommended I look at his work as I worked in (I assume) a similar fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment